September 23 was the official start of fall. School is in full swing, the leaves are falling, and you might be already thinking about who is hosting holiday family meals. This year, instead of secretly being thankful that you dodged feeding the entire family in your cramped kitchen, you can be excited to share you have listed your house and next year everyone will be sitting in your brand new dining room! Here are five reasons why listing October-February can actually be good months to sell.
1. Today’s mobile lifestyle lets buyers look 24/7. Thanks to the internet and our crazy schedules, buyers of years past who drove around looking at homes have been replaced with well-educated buyers who have scoured the internet and done their research from the comfort of the bleachers at soccer games or in-between parent-teacher conferences.
2. Spring and summer buyers who did not buy are still out there. They never really stop looking and are viewing homes online every chance they can. People don’t want to settle; so when the right home appears, they are ready to jump on it.
3. Less competition. A lot of people still think spring is the time to sell and real estate all but stops in the winter. Take advantage of this and list now. Less inventory on the market means less competition for you.
4. Wait until January. If the thought of moving the week before the holidays is too stressful, wait until January to list. With the holidays wrapped up, buyers are beginning to file taxes and may be setting New Year’s resolutions to buy a home. Take advantage of those who are excited for what the New Year can bring and have that extra spending cash.
5. Write your contract with William Ryan Homes with a House-to-Sell Contingency. When your house sells, we could already be underway with building your new home that meets all your needs. So instead of stressing about what happens if your home does not sell, you can think about how you will decorate the table for that family dinner you can now host comfortably in your brand new William Ryan Home!
Madison home builder, William Ryan Homes is proud to build energy efficient homes from 13 flexible and timeless home designs with over 1,000,000 different finish options. Visit a model today to discover why at William Ryan Homes “We Make it Easy” to build your new home. Sign a contract before November 1 and receive a set of free lockers for your mudroom!